Join our team!
We are always looking to add new members to our team. We are now hiring for the 2020 MYCC Summer Camp AT HOME Edition! This is an opportunity to strengthen your leadership skills and make a difference with our Muslim youth, all while building your resume!
Due to current circumstances, our team will be interacting with the campers virtually via Zoom and/or SeeSaw. Although we cannot meet in person, we would love to have our staff to cultivate and nurture relationships made through camper groups of similar ages.
When: Session 1 : JUNE 6 - JULY 23, 2020
Session 2 : JULY 27 - AUG 20, 2020
Monday - Thursday with LIMITED Virtual instruction and MAXIMUM Outdoor appreciation
> Daily Morning Adhkar (~30 mins) by Supervisor and all in attendance
> Daily SeeSaw Log-in for assignment posting (teachers) / commenting (counselors)
> Once-a-week Zoom session with campers/teachers/counselors (~30 mins)
- AT HOME !
- Volunteer Camp Counselors (ages 14+) :
- Counselor will be required to log-in daily to the morning meeting on Zoom so that they may be familiar with the daily theme
- Counselor will be assigned 4-5 campers that are in a similar age group of one other (range is ages 4 - 13)
- Counselor will have to log onto SeeSaw and comment on the submitted work of assigned campers
- Counselor is encouraged to create a community atmosphere and encourage friendships
- Counselor is encouraged to create a productive and respectful environment so that campers in their group can communicate with one another
- Counselors will be offered a weekly Halaqa on Friday !
- Counselor will receive a Volunteer hours Certificate at the end of Session (~32 hours for both sessions)