Begin with Bismillah
- All campers gather for morning adhkar (reading three short surahs from the Qur'an and a few short du'a)
- Introduction and discussion which may include a story related to day's theme, an ayah or hadith that highlights an aspect of a Muslim's best character, a short skit, or ice breaker type activity.
- A frozen popsicle
- A craft that ties into the theme
- Fresh fruit for snack
- A recreational activity/sport that ties into the theme
- A team building activity that supports character building
We welcome a few special guests each summer. In the past this has included a scientist who led the campers in making lava lamps and other experiments, a nurse who taught first aid, an animal enthusiast who brought her exotic animals for the campers to interact with, a local imam who is a talented drummer, the Hunger Van which leads the campers in preparing lunches to be donated to local hungry families, and, a camp favorite, the local fire department! If you have a special talent, hobby, or profession you'd like to share with our camp, please contact us!
We also venture out on nature walks, partake in community service projects, enjoy water/bubble play, draw chalk art, explore with paint, and simply use nature as our canvas! We are open to any new suggestions as well. Camp is held rain or shine. Each location accommodates for shelter from intense sun or heavy rains. The outdoors in all of its moods is suitable for teaching experiences about the wonder of the creation of Allah. (Please note: the crafts and activities are amended for each age group.)